Sunday, April 02, 2006

BIG FLIES BIG PIKE



I discovered Northern pike fishing on the fly in the mid 90 on a fishing trip on the north shore on the Manicouagan 5 reservoir (MANIC 5). It really happened by accident while casting big flies to running Ouananiche going up the Mouchalagane river, this decent pike about 10 pound grabbed the long Carrie Stevens Style MAGOG SMELT after this began the passion for tackling those big brutes with a fly rod.



Big flies have always been my favorite whay to catch big trophy northern pike here on the north shore of Quebec here are a few of my favorite patterns all tied by myself

PINK FLASHER (RED EYE SMELT COLLECTION)


PINK FLASHER RECIPE

This pattern is responsible for more +45 inch trophy pike than any other fly I have tried or tied for pike. The red eye smelt is also available in many colors simply change the pink for your favorite color.













RED EYE SMELT COLLECTION



Black & White Striper Diver

Another great fly for pike is my striper diver available in any color, my favorite colors are natural deer hair, white, red, orange and black.




Black & White Striper Diver RECIPE













No comments: