Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Deep in Backing ProStaff Fly Tier Dai Jones

http://www.deepinbacking.com/deep_in_backing_staff_fly_tyer.htmew Deep iBacking ProStaff Fly Tier Dai Jones

Dai Jones



Dai is a well known figure in Europeam Fly fishing communities.

 Started fishing at the age of six, on the Afon Twrch. When I was a bit older my Dad started taking me sea fishing off the Mumbles pier.

At the age of 9, i started fly tying and fishing for sewin on the River Tawe. in those days the river was just full of fish sewin huge runs it was an awesome river and you never though about catching 30/ 40 sewin in the day spinning and fly fishing, you would also catch salmon / bass and twait shad by the bin full, how the days have changed.

I love the sewin and bass fishing, those were the two fish I loved to fish for. 41 years ago I started fly fishing for bass off the Gower. I have also fished many places around the world, catching blue fin tuna 625lb, shark 450lb, sailfish 124lb, my PB fish on a fly tarpon about 60lb

Personal best salmon on a fly 22lb 08oz, Sewin 10lb 12oz, rainbow 15lb 12oz, Brown 10lb 04oz, bass 11lb 06oz, tarpon 60lb, lemon shark 85lb, I also like my carp fishing PB on a fly 36lb 12oz, on bait 51lb UK PB, French PB is 57lb 12oz. 


 
Jocelin & Sonie


No comments: