Friday, November 13, 2009

A day on the RESERVOIR

A day on the Reservoir


Here is a small description of my first outing on the Bourouchat reservoir in France.








I arrived on location at around 9 am, we out started prospecting the shore line with a trailing hook setup (2 nymphs at various dept setups). We were imitating chironomid without much success except one hook up that I lost after a couple of seconds.

I decided to change my tactics and try different streamers and try to find feeding aggressive rainbows.




Montage étapes par étapes







The best streamer pattern that I had consistent success was one of Jocelin personal creation the SPARKLE WHORE (SALMON). This great pattern was the best fly of the day and gave me all the landed fish of the day a total of 3 nice rainbows measuring from 47 cm to 57 cm. I also lost one on the take and 2 huge rainbows that broke off.









This first day was quite difficult with cold & rainy condition, we still managed to hook up and release some fish on this nice fall day.



Julien & Jocelin.

No comments: